Immediate Supervisor: Administrative and Custodial Manager
Nature of Duties:
The Bus Driver is responsible for safely transporting members of the College community via a 35-passenger bus. Position requires scheduling flexibility, including occasional overnight and weekend trips.
- Compliance with COVID vaccination policies required.
- CDL license class B with passenger and airbrake endorsements
- 2+ years of large passenger driving experience with a driving record compliant with College policies
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOT medical certification
- Excellent customer service skills, the ability to problem solve, listen, and exert patience
- Ability to load and unload luggage/ equipment
- Ability to read maps and follow directions
- Required to work under adverse weather conditions and may experience varying temperatures
Kalamazoo College is a selective, nationally known liberal arts college offering students a personalized, integrated undergraduate experience known as the K-Plan that interweaves a traditional liberal arts curriculum with individualized research and experiential educational experiences in both domestic and international settings. Founded in 1833, Kalamazoo College is one of 40 dynamic Colleges That Change Lives, a group of 40 colleges that excel at developing potential, values and initiative, and provide the foundation for success beyond college. The campus is located midway between Chicago and Detroit in Kalamazoo, Michigan, a metropolitan community of 225,000 that supports four college and university campuses along with numerous civic arts and cultural associations. Thirty-five miles from Lake Michigan, the area offers many opportunities for outdoor activities.
The division of College Advancement is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff and cultivating a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We aim to create a welcoming workplace that celebrates the diversity of our staff, alumni and donors.
An equal opportunity employer, Kalamazoo College is committed to equal rights, equal opportunities, and equal protection under the law. The College administers its programs without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, height, weight, marital status, disability as protected by law, or sexual orientation. The College’s definition of sexual orientation proscribes discrimination based on a person’s sexuality, or gender identity, actual or presumed.