Benefits Review Group (BRG) members attain basic knowledge about all employee benefits offered by the College, and analyze and review the benefit programs, taking into consideration diverse needs and budgetary limitations.
The BRG reviews on an annual basis the health related benefits, including health insurance, Flexible Benefits Plan and Emeriti Retirement Health Plan, and advises the President’s Staff regarding any changes that the BRG recommends for the following plan year. BRG will also review as needed the benefits other than health, which currently include life and long term disability insurance, 403(b) plan, tuition remission and staff paid time off benefits (vacation, emergency/sick leave).
- HR Director: Reneé Boelcke
- VP for Business and Finance: Karen Sisson
- Faculty: Tim Moffit, Lanny Potts
- Support Staff: Jennifer DiGiuseppe (Jan 2021), Deia Sportel (June 2022), Jennifer Combs (June 2025)
- Facilities Management: Derek Mann (June 2022)
- Administrative Staff: Jennifer Bailey (Jun 2023), Peter Zillmann (June 2022)
- Retirees: Joe Fugate (Jun 2023), Tom Breznau (June 2022)
Principles for BRG membership
- Proportional representation of all employee groups
- Four-year terms designed to develop knowledge and provide continuity
- Broad, institutional perspective rather than narrow or solely personal interests
Selection and Membership Process
Faculty: Appointed by president after consultation with FEC.
Staff: President will receive recommendations from President’s Staff members and constituent groups. Interested individuals may nominate themselves. President will appoint members from the combined pool of candidates.
Retiree: Volunteers or recommendations, discussed by President’s Staff, then appointed by President.
In addition to on-going membership of VP for Business/Finance and HR Director, committee members will include:
- 2 faculty
- 2 administrative staff
- 2 facilities management staff
- 2 office support staff
- 2 retirees for discussion of health insurance, and consulted as needed for other issues.
Members will serve four year terms with one quarter replaced annually.