Maximize your resources while reducing your taxable income.
Medical Flex Spending Account maximum for 2020 is $2,700.00 annually.
Flexible spending elections begin on January 1, 2020 and will renew during the next flexible spending open enrollment, which is scheduled to be November 2020.
Kalamazoo College is proud to partner with Burnham & Flower Group.
The Burnham & Flower Wealthcare Admin Portal can be accessed by navigating to www.mywealthcareonline.com/bfgroup. After registering on the portal, real-time access to your flexible spending account can be maintained with BFG Mobile.
Your Burnham & Flower Group Employee ID number is your Kalamazoo College seven-digit ID number with leading zero(s). Example: 0123456
Your Burnham & Flower Group Employer ID is BFG13425.
The Medical FSA plan allows for a carryover of $500.00 or less to the next plan year if you have a balance December 31. The carryover amount will be posted to your account April 1 of the next plan year for use through December 31.
FSA Eligible Expenses
- Acupuncture (excluding remedies and treatments prescribed by acupuncturist)
- Alcoholism treatment
- Artificial limbs/teeth
- Christian Science practitioner’s fees
- Contact lenses and solutions
- Costs for physical or mental illness confinement
- Dental fees
- Diagnostic fees
- Dietary supplements with doctor’s letter of medical necessity
- Drug and medical supplies (i.e. syringes, needles, etc.)
- Eyeglasses prescribed by your doctor
- Eye examination fees
- Eye surgery (cataracts, LASIK, etc.)
- Hearing devices and batteries
- Hospital bills
- Laboratory fees
- Laser eye surgery
- Obstetrical expenses
- Oral surgery
- Orthodontic fees
- Orthopedic devices
- Physician fees
- Prescribed medicines
- Psychiatric care
- Psychologist’s fees
- Routine physicals and other non-diagnostic services or treatments
- Smoking-cessation programs
- Surgical fees
- Vitamins with doctor’s letter of medical necessity
- Weight-loss programs with doctor’s letter of medical necessity
FSA Ineligible Expenses
- Cosmetic surgery and procedures
- Dental bleaching
- Marriage and family counseling
- Over-the-counter items, drugs, or medications that are not medically necessary or are not prescribed by your physician.
- Weight loss programs for general health or appearance
- Premiums you or your spouse pay for insurance coverage (Payroll-deducted premiums sponsored by your employer are eligible under the Premium Only Plan)
- Long-Term Care Insurance does not qualify for reimbursement from a Health FSA. Long-Term Care Insurance can not be offered through a Cafeteria Plan.