Kalamazoo College students work in a variety of capacities for the College, as well as through some of our off-campus partnerships. Human Resources and the Center for Career and Professional Development partner to support students, faculty, and staff to ensure the campus employment is a valuable experience for everyone involved.
The following processes should be followed
- Post a position on Handshake, then
- Identify students to fill the vacancy, then
- Make a hiring decision, then
- Notify Human Resources of the hiring decision, then
- Ensure that student employees are paid appropriately for time worked, then
- Engage the student employee(s) to maximize learning and growth, efficiency, and preparation for future employment opportunities.
Are you wondering how to complete these steps? Please be invited to visit the Frequently Asked Questions page of Student Employment.